Dispute Resolution Experts
Andrew joined Buss Murton Law in 1995 and in 2015 became the firm’s Managing Partner. He is the head of the Employment Department, acting for both employers and employees. Andrew specialises in providing advice to employers on all aspects of employment law ranging from employment contracts for their senior executives to group redundancy arrangements. He also advises senior executives on their terms of engagement, revisions to their terms and conditions and, where necessary, negotiating their severance packages.
He has experience of all forms of dispute resolution ranging from the Employment Tribunal through mediation and arbitration to High Court action.
Disciplinary and grievances
Discrimination and equal opportunities
Employment Tribunal claims
Business reorganisations and redundancy
Restrictive covenants and business protection
Maternity and paternity rights
Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations
- How Uber Is Transforming Employment Law in the UK
- The end of zero-hour contracts?
- Christina Bassett appointed Branch Manager at Buss Murton’s East Grinstead Office
- Buss Murton announces Kerry Carter’s appointment to Partner
- Breaking up is hard to do
- Criminal sanctions for residential landlords who breach the right to rent scheme that came into force on 1 December 2016.
- Managing Partner Andrew Linton talks to the Times of Tunbridge Wells
- Dunorlan Fireworks 2016
- Buss Murton Announces Four Partnership Promotions
- Neighbours: When the Red Mist Descends, Don’t Let Costs Go Down the Drain
- Employment Lawyers Association
Jonathan graduated from the University of Portsmouth in 2009 with an upper second-class bachelor’s degree in Law with business studies.
He qualified as a Fellow Member of the Chartered Institute of legal Executives in 2019 and was promoted to partner in his previous firm in August 2019, prior to joining Buss Murton in 2022 as an Associate.
Jonathan specialises in Dispute Resolution and has a wide range of experience including in landlord and tenant disputes, property disputes, planning issues, company and commercial, consumer law, employment issues, defamation and civil harassment claims.
Jonathan takes a pragmatic approach to litigation, ensuring that the most efficient and cost effective courses are pursued.