Dispute Resolution Experts
Andrew joined Buss Murton Law in 1995 and in 2015 became the firm’s Managing Partner. He is the head of the Employment Department, acting for both employers and employees. Andrew specialises in providing advice to employers on all aspects of employment law ranging from employment contracts for their senior executives to group redundancy arrangements. He also advises senior executives on their terms of engagement, revisions to their terms and conditions and, where necessary, negotiating their severance packages.
He has experience of all forms of dispute resolution ranging from the Employment Tribunal through mediation and arbitration to High Court action.
Disciplinary and grievances
Discrimination and equal opportunities
Employment Tribunal claims
Business reorganisations and redundancy
Restrictive covenants and business protection
Maternity and paternity rights
Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations
- How Uber Is Transforming Employment Law in the UK
- The end of zero-hour contracts?
- Christina Bassett appointed Branch Manager at Buss Murton’s East Grinstead Office
- Buss Murton announces Kerry Carter’s appointment to Partner
- Breaking up is hard to do
- Criminal sanctions for residential landlords who breach the right to rent scheme that came into force on 1 December 2016.
- Managing Partner Andrew Linton talks to the Times of Tunbridge Wells
- Dunorlan Fireworks 2016
- Buss Murton Announces Four Partnership Promotions
- Neighbours: When the Red Mist Descends, Don’t Let Costs Go Down the Drain
- Employment Lawyers Association
Helen’s experience as a commercial lawyer and litigator started in 1996, working in London with a strong bias towards commercial property law, professional negligence and insolvency.
Her more notable recent case experience has included successfully defending a multimillion pound equitable fraud case; directors disqualification actions including actions relating to shadow directors and a multi-party surveyors negligence action. On the claimant side, recent cases have included successful applications to the European General Court regarding trademark harmonisation matters; solicitors’ negligence cases regarding property transactions and limitation issues and undue influence cases against major banks.
Helen is an associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and has been an accredited mediator for the past 10 years. Her mediation experience covers all areas of commercial disputes. She also provides many of her employment law clients with workplace mediation services, assisting with internal disputes in an effort to promote workplace harmony and avoid litigation and formal grievance procedures.
On the commercial and corporate front, Helen has a wide experience of managing transactions including the buying and selling of companies and businesses, debt restructuring, corporate finance, MBOs and BIMBOs and change management advice.
Unfair prejudice actions
Landlord and Tenant disputes
Party Wall litigation
Dilapidations claims (Landlord or Tenant)
Employment (employer and employee)
- Accredited Mediator - CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) and RSPP (Regent's School of Psychotherapy and Psychology)
- Associate - CIArb (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators)
- Executive and Business Coach – Insights
- Inner Temple