Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Contract Type: Part time (Monday to Friday 10:00 to 16:30)
Buss Murton Law, a well-established law firm in Kent, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its Operations Team at its head office in Tunbridge Wells.
The firm values its relationships with its employees working with them to realise their full potential. The hours of work are from 10am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday (with additional hours where required).
This is a permanent role and you will be working within modern offices in the centre of the town, providing administrative assistance to the areas set out below:
Key Accounting Tasks
- Purchase ledger – Invoice posting
- Monthly journal postings (payroll, expenses, credit cards, etc.)
- File opening/File Closing
- Posting Land Registry disbursements
- Monitoring bank accounts and entry postings to ledgers
- Posting office and client banking
- Printing and posting of daily client and office cheque requests
- Taking credit card payments over the phone when required from clients
- Transferring time on request
- Bank payment processing
- Adhoc accounting requests as required
- Posting ad-hoc client to client transfers
- Assisting with end of month nominal postings
- Bill production
- Cost transfers between accounts
Key Administrative Tasks
- Ensure files are archived in a timely manner. Co-ordinating of retrieval requests, ordering documents from the file storage facilities, returns and the more complex queries.
- Ensure that all retrieval requests are dealt with promptly and that schedules are emailed on the appropriate dates
- Ensure all closing procedures have been met before storage.
- Entering data accurately onto the database and excel spreadsheets.
- Ensure that all documentation stored by the firm complies with guidelines set out by the SRA and the firm’s policies.
- Co-ordinate retrieval requests, ordering documents from file storage.
- Maintain communication with Fee Earners and Secretaries wishing to store or retrieve documentation.
Job Title: Residential Property Solicitor/Legal Executive/Licensed Conveyancer
Contract Type: Permanent
Minimum: 2-3 years PQE
Location: Tunbridge Wells
We are seeking an additional full-time Residential Property Solicitor/Legal Executive/Licensed Conveyancer to join our busy Property team at Tunbridge Wells.
The role would suit someone who has a high degree of residential property experience running their own case load.
You will have a comprehensive knowledge of the CML Handbook and The Law Society’s Conveyancing Protocol, with experience of working within the CQS framework.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills together with a high level of attention to detail in order to sustain the quality of service we deliver to our clients.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
- To increase the fee income of property work
- To manage a full and varied case load unsupervised, working on your own initiative
- To liaise with estate agents on a regular basis, and seeking to promote our services, engaging in business development opportunities as they arise
- To develop and manage relationships with providers and clients
- To ensure compliance with CQS and Lexcel Standards
We provide a happy and supportive working environment in which you will be encouraged to progress to the highest level through a clear career structure.
Please email your CV to email@example.com